02 May 2012

How to resolve a disappearing site logo on web part pages

I was implementing a solution for a client the other day that required the use of a web part page. Specifically, I was using a web part page as part of a custom "Welcome" page for a Help Desk ticket application. I set the custom welcome.aspx web part page as the landing page and specified the URL of a site logo.

I found that upon page load, I could see the site logo that I specified through the Title, Description, and Icon settings but after a split second the logo would revert to the default, orange SharePoint site logo. Navigating to any other page within the site would display the correct logo, just not my custom web part page.

The fix lies in the "Title Bar Properties" settings from within the "Edit" ribbon. Go into Edit Mode, click on "Title Bar Properties" and specify the URL of the site logo from within the proceeding pane. It seems odd that this step is required, considering the URL is already specified from within Site Settings, but nonetheless this is the workaround.

-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment